Put leftover white rice to good use in this great recipe for Outrageous Rice Pudding. Serve it warm with whipped cream or a sprinkle of extra cinnamon.
Outrageous Rice Pudding
- 2 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- Combine cooked rice, milk, sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low after reaching a boil.
- In separate bowl add beaten egg to half and half and mix with a fork. Pour into rice mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Add raisins. Continue stirring over low heat until pudding is thick and creamy. Do not overcook. It should be very creamy as the rice will continue to absorb the liquid after removing from the heat. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm.
Still have leftover rice? Try these delicious Rice Pudding Dessert Arancini!