Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Delicious Mediterranean Chopped salad, good as a complete dinner for two or side salad for 4-6 people.
For the salad:
- ⅓ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed 15-oz. can
- ⅓ medium English cucumber chopped
- ⅓ red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped Castelvetrano olives
- 1/21/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup marinated cherry peppers
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¾ cup asparagus cooked
- 6 slices dry salami
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the lemon parsley vinaigrette:
- ⅛ cup champagne wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl toss together salad ingredients. Save the Feta for adding after tossing the salad for the prettiest presentation.
Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
Dress salad with vinaigrette and serve chilled or room temperature.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1778mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2039IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg