Korean Barbecue Dipping Sauce Recipe
My easy-to-make Korean Barbecue Dipping Sauce all the bold flavor and umami flavor of the best store-bought brand without all the corn syrup and preservatives.
- 1 small Bosc Pear peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 garlic clove minced
- ½ tablespoon ginger minced
- ¾ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Mirin
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon chili oil or Sriracha
- 1 green onion minced
Chop pear, garlic, and ginger.
Add chopped garlic, ginger, and pear to a food processor along with ¼ cup water.
Add the brown sugar and pulse until smooth.
Pour the puree from the food processor into a small saucepan.
Add the remaining ingredients (soy sauce, Mirin, rice vinegar, black pepper, crushed red pepper, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, and minced green onion).
Simmer 10-12 min on low heat to thicken. When the sauce reaches the desired consistency, remove from heat and cool completely before putting into a clean glass jar. Makes approximately 1 pint.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.4mg