We've had a bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips in the pantry since Christmas. I noticed on the back of the package a recipe for Chocolate Velvet Pie. What? It takes chocolate chips, cream cheese, vanilla, heavy cream, and a prepared chocolate-cookie pie crust. I felt a little awkward in the grocery check out line with these items and a copy of Healthy Eating magazine in my cart. That said, I paid, drove home and made a Chocolate Velvet Pie.
This pie is the richest, creamiest, chocolate thing ever. A sliver is enough. It's that rich. But that little sliver, with a hot cup of black coffee, is chocolate heaven. Make this for dinner parties, church potlucks, funeral after-parties, whatever. People will remember your name!
Here's the recipe for Chocolate Velvet Pie:
- 1 8 inch Prepared chocolate crumb crust
- 1 ¾ cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 8 oz package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Microwave morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH power for 1 minute; STIR.
- The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Cool to room temperature.
- BEAT melted chocolate, cream cheese and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until light in color.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls, nuts, or cherries. (Optional, but so pretty!)
For another unique chocolate treat, my Chocolate Stout Snack Cake might be something you'd like.