Every time I make a burger, Michael says it is the best burger he's ever eaten. Today was no exception. I promised not to mention that in this blog post, so please act as if you didn't read it. That not being said, this was a phenomenal Mushroom Swiss Cheese Bacon Burger. I cooked the burgers on my indoor Jennair grill. Each time I clean it, I swear I'll never use it again, but then...
I used Williams Sonoma Ultimate Burger Seasoning. We love this stuff!
Add some grilled mushrooms.
We ate our Mushroom Swiss Cheese Bacon Burgers outside on the porch for the first time since we moved into this house. It was really nice with a great breeze blowing to cool us off.
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 TBS Ultimate Burger Seasoning
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 lb white button mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 3 Hamburger Buns
- Sliced tomato
- Sunflower greens
- In a large bowl mix the ground round, Ultimate Burger Seasoning, cream and oil. Do not over mix or your burgers will be too dense. Form into three patties, separate with, parchment or waxed paper and refrigerate.
- Melt the butter with the 2 TBS olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Slice the mushrooms thinly and add to the hot pan. Season to taste with salt, and pepper. Add the Worcestershire sauce. Cook the mushrooms over medium heat until they release their liquid. Drain the mushrooms in a large strainer then return to the pan and cook until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the burger patties from the fridge and grill to preferred doneness. Place a slice of Swiss cheese atop each patty and cook until melted.
- Serve the burgers on fresh buns topped with the mushrooms, bacon, mayonnaise, and sunflower greens. Serve with fresh tomatoes on the side or on the burger.