This Air Fryer Pork Chops (No Breading) yields juicy pork chops from the air fryer, and the best part is, there is no breading! Air frying is my favorite way to enjoy low carb, less oil, juicy chops. Let the hot air from the air fryer cook your pork chops with little effort, in a shorter cooking time, with less mess than frying on the stove top. This easy recipe makes it easy to serve garlicky delicious pork chops on busy weeknights.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Juicy chops
- Less time
- Little effort
- Less oil
- Low carbs
Ingredients and Substitutions
- All ingredients are readily available at the grocery store.
- The best pork chops for this air fryer pork chops recipe are thicker pork chops with the bone in. You can use boneless pork chops for this recipe but boneless chops lack the flavor that the bone imparts.
- The thickness of the pork chops is important. If the chops are too thin they will dry out during cooking. Choose chops that are about 1 inch thick. If less, reduce the cook time.
- You can substitute Worcestershire sauce for the soy sauce.
- Use garlic powder or onion powder in place of the granulated garlic.
- Slicing the garlic is the best way for this recipe. The garlic with get crispy and brown and can be eaten with the chops.
Full ingredients list & measurements provided in the recipe card.
Pat chop dry with paper towel and remove skin if present.
Place chop in medium bowl and add soy sauce and dry spices. Rub into the chop.
Cut a thin strip and insert thyme. Place garlic slices on top of the chop.
Wrap in foil and close tightly on top. Place single layer in air fryer basket.
Cook in air fryer for 9 minutes then unwrap and cook for 4 minutes more.
The finished chop should have a temperature of 145°F.
- You can also make an easy air fryer chicken breast dinner in the same manner as the pork chops.
Can you put foil in an air fryer?
Yes, you can put aluminum foil in an air fryer. Tasteofhome.com explains that due to the air fryer's cooking process consisting of rushing hot air, your aluminum foil and the meal it's with will not be ruined by the air fryer.
Should I flip meat in air fryer?
Looking for More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer
- Small bowl
- Medium bowl
- Instant read thermometer meat thermometer
- Aluminum Foil
Food Storage Tips
Leftover pork chops can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days tops. Pork spoils quickly, so freeze if not eating in the next day or so.
- Chose the right meat for the recipe. This recipe works best with thick cut, bone-in pork chops. To avoid drying the meat out, cook to 140 degrees then rest the meat for five minutes. If the internal temperature rises to at least 145 degrees you are good. If, not put it back in the air fryer for another couple of minutes.
Do you drink red or white wine with pork chops?
Both red and white wine pair with pork, even sparkling wine goes well with pork. Whether you choose a red or white wine will depend on the cut of pork. Grilled pork chops will be better with red wine whereas pork tenderloin will be better with white.
Air Fryer Pork Chops (No Breading)
- Air Fryer
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- 1 pound pork chop ½-inch thick on the bone
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 cloves garlic
- Wash the meat and pat dry on a paper towel.
- Place the pork chop in a medium bowl and add the dry spices. Pour in the vegetable oil and soy sauce.
- Spread all the ingredients on the pork. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Spread out the foil and put the meat on it. Make a slit in the meat and place the thyme in the opening. Place the garlic slices on top of the pork.
- Wrap the foil and place it in the basket of the air fryer. Cook for 9 minutes at an air fryer temperature of 400 degrees F.
- Unwrap the foil and continue cooking for another 4 to 6 minutes.
- Check readiness with a cooking thermometer. The finished chop should have a temperature of 145°F.
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.
We take every effort to ensure that the estimated meal cost per serving is accurate. We use a meal cost analysis application that estimates the cost of a recipe based on groceries purchased at a Walmart store in my geographical area, northern California.