Today was the big football game day. That could only mean one thing, snacks! One of my favorites is hot, sweet heat candied bacon!
You can make it as sweet as you want, with as much heat as you want. Add a little more or a little less according to your taste. Cooking it in the oven leaves you with nice flat strips of bacon and less clean-up. Here's how it's done.
- 6 strips Bacon
- 1 TBS Honey
- ¼ tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Lay strips of bacon, evenly spaced on a grid rack placed inside the baking sheet.
- Brush one side of bacon slices with honey.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over honey, using as much or as little as you want. Start out easy.
- Sprinkle ½ the brown sugar over the bacon strips and smooth out with a back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown sugar has dissolved and begins to slightly harden. Remove baking sheet from over.
- Use tongs to gently turn the bacon strips over. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over the bacon and return pan to oven. Bake for an additional 1-15 minutes.
- You can flip again and add more brown sugar to the other side if the bacon is not fully cooked. BE CAREFUL. It burns easily at this point. Continue gaining until the bacon is crispy then remove from oven.
- Let the bacon sit for a few minutes before removing from rack. It will stick if you let it cool on the rack and will break apart when you try to take it off.
You might also like: Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon