My Reuben Sauce Recipe is a very good thing to dress the slices of rye bread on Reuben sandwiches. It is similar to Thousand Island dressing, creamy Russian dressing, or homemade Russian dressing. I think the onion juice and horseradish takes this recipe over the top.
- Use good mayo for this, not lite mayo or Miracle whip
- Use what you light prepared or cream style. Use more or less to taste. I like to use prepared, not cream style because it packs more of a punch, which we like.
- You will be grating the kinin and using the juice as well. The juice really makes it very tasty.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Celery seed
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- You could add hot sauce and sour cream if you don't like horseradish.
- Try caraway seed in place of celery seed.
- Some people like to add sweet pickle relish, chopped dill pickle, or Dijon mustard.
Reuben Sauce Recipe (Russian Dressing)
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1 cut mayonnaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons grated onion plus juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- Mix all ingredients on a bowl until fully incorporated. Keep in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.