The world of social media is not just about dance challenges and cute pet videos. Sometimes, it gives us culinary gems that are too good to ignore, like TikTok Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes. This dish, with its creamy texture and the contrasting burst of fresh tomatoes, has garnered love from food enthusiasts around the globe. In true Oh, That's Good style, I've made sure to adapt this viral recipe to our mission, "cooking for two without breaking the bank."
Keep reading to see how this viral tomato pasta with fresh herbs fits into our budget-friendly meals.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This baked feta pasta recipe is one of those easy recipes you can have on the table in 30 minutes. That is certainly something to love.
- This started out as a viral video on TikTok so you will be hip and relevant if you make it!
- The simple ingredients are found in most grocery stores.
Full ingredients list & measurements are provided in the recipe card.
Combine tomatoes and feta oven proof pan with feta cheese in the center.
Pour in oil, wine. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh basil. Bake.
Cook the penne pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
Remove from oven break up tomatoes and feta with a fork until smooth.
Add the cooked pasta to the creamy sauce. Stir to fully coat the pasta. Add reserved pasta water if needed to thin the sauce.
Garnish with basil and serve piping hot in the baking dish.
Variations of TikTok Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
People are adding fresh spinach to the recipe. I recommend using baby spinach for best results. Other great options are to use chopped red onions in place of the garlic, or goat cheese and Parmesan in place of the feta. This is popular amongst those who do not enjoy feta like the rest of us. It is recommended to cut a chunk of cheese from a block of feta, but if all you have are feta crumbles, that will work too.
The next time I make this I am going to sprinkle on a little bit of Parmesan cheese and a few red pepper flakes at the end, then put it under the broiler to brown just a minute or so. I like the look of a pasta bake with patches of crispy brown edges.
Indeed it is! TikTok-inspired Baked Feta Pasta is a simple, fun, fresh, tasty, and pretty little pasta dish. The taste is tangy and salty with a sweet note from the cherry tomatoes. The biggest plus is that it can be on the table in 30 minutes!
Looking for More Pasta Recipes?
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking dish
- Small pot
Food Storage Tips
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for only a day or two before eating.
TikTok Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
- wooden spoon
- Small pot
- Baking dish
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Penne pasta dry pasta (2 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons Dry white wine
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 2 ounces Feta from a block of feta cheese
- 2 Garlic cloves fresh garlic
- 2 sprigs Basil use fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika or Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper optional
- pinch Red pepper flakes optional
- Prepare all ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- In a heat-resistant form, place the cherry tomatoes in a circle with the block of feta in the center.
- Pour in oil, and wine. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh basil. Add the optional red pepper flakes if using.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Boil penne pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Remove the sauce from the oven and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, and stir to cover all the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve straight from the baking dish, piping hot.
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.
We take every effort to ensure that the estimated meal cost per serving is accurate. We use a meal cost analysis application that estimates the cost of a recipe based on groceries purchased at a Walmart store in my geographical area, northern California.