I try to avoid social media food trends, but my spouse, recovering from cancer, has a lot of time on his hands. He watches a lot of TikTok videos and he wanted me to see a viral baked feta pasta video. I finally relented, and watched. "Oh my," I thought, "this looks promising." The original recipe, created by Finnish artist and visual storyteller Liemessa, dubbed TikTok pasta, became a viral sensation. Grocery stores in Finland are rumored to have run out of feta cheese after the video went viral! I had to try it for myself. I did and TikTok Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes (for two), a viral recipe, has become a thing in our house.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This baked feta pasta recipe is one of those easy recipes you can have on the table in 30 minutes. That is certainly something to love.
- This started out as a viral video on TikTok so you will be hip and relevant if you make it! 🙂
Full ingredients list & measurements provided in the recipe card.
Combine tomatoes and feta oven proof pan with feta cheese in center.
Pour in oil, wine. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and basil. Bake in oven.
Cook the penne pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Remove from oven break up tomatoes and feta with a fork until smooth.
Add the cooked pasta to the creamy sauce. Stir to fully coat the pasta.
Garnish with basil and serve piping hot in the baking dish.
Variations of TikTok Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
People are adding fresh spinach to the recipe. I recommend using baby spinach for best results. Other great options are to use chopped red onions in place of the garlic, or goat cheese and Parmesan in place of the feta. This is popular amongst those who do not enjoy feta like the rest of us. It is recommended to cut a chunk of cheese from a block of feta, but if all you have are feta crumbles, that will work too.
The next time I make this I am going to sprinkle on a little bit of Parmesan cheese at the end and then put it under the broiler to brown just a minute or so. I like the look of a pasta bake with patches of crispy brown edges.
Indeed it is! TikTok-inspired Baked Feta Pasta is a simple, fun, fresh, tasty, and pretty little pasta dish. The taste is tangy and salty with a sweet note from the cherry tomatoes. The biggest plus is that it can be on the table in 30 minutes!
Looking for More Pasta Recipes?
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking dish
- Small pot
Food Storage Tips
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for only a day or two before eating.
TikTok Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
- wooden spoon
- Small pot
- Baking dish
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Penne pasta dry pasta (2 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons Dry white wine
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 2 ounces Feta from a block of feta cheese
- 2 Garlic cloves fresh garlic
- 2 sprigs Basil use fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika or Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper optional
- pinch Red pepper flakes optional
- Prepare all ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- In a heat-resistant form, place the cherry tomatoes in a circle with the chunk of feat in the center..
- Pour in oil, and wine. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Boil penne pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Remove the sauce from the oven and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, and stir to cover all the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve straight from the baking dish, piping hot.
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.