My 3 Ingredient Spicy Honey Chicken Recipe calls for Mike's Hot Honey and a Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning made by Curious Spoon. If you can't find the brands I used, others are readily available online and in grocery stores. Also, I will include instructions for making your own, with simple ingredients you probably already have. The combination of the shake-on spice and the pour-on honey takes this chicken to the next level. It is also easy to control the amount of heat depending on how hot you like it!
What's to like about this spicy honey chicken recipe?
- If you are looking for an easy peasy recipe, this one is for you!
- There is no chicken marinade to make. You just shake on the Nashville hot seasoning and let it sit on the chicken for a few minutes. I left the skin on the chicken, so I liberally seasoned the underside and sides of the chicken as well so I could get the right amount of spice into the chicken.
- If this is your first time making hot spicy chicken, you can go a bit lighter on the spices and hot honey. Next time you'll know if you want to kick it up even more.
- I think this is a flavorful chicken recipe that the whole family will love.
Just three ingredients, plus salt, is all you need!
Full ingredients list & measurements provided in the recipe card.
Mix together in a small bowl 2 tablespoons Ground Cayenne Pepper, 1 tablespoon Sugar, 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder or Onion Powder if you prefer, 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika, like Hungarian sweet paprika or chili powder, 1 tablespoons freshly ground Black Pepper, and 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt. Store in an airtight container for up to six months.
Add 1 cup of regular honey and 2 tablespoons of dried chili flakes in a small saucepan. Heat until small bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Remove from the heat and let the mixture steep until the desired amount of heat is achieved, then strain out the chilies. If you want the piquant flavor like in Mike's Hot Honey, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to the mixture. Store in a glass jar in the pantry, not the fridge.
Step-by-Step Photo Instructions
Season the chicken well with the hot seasoning mix. Let sit 30 minutes.
Bake in 350 degree f oven until 160 degrees internal temperature.
Drizzle or brush hot honey onto the chicken. Broil for a couple of minutes.
Let rest until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f. Slice and enjoy!
Variations of this 3 Ingredient Spicy Honey Chicken Recipe
- In place of chicken breasts, use boneless chicken thighs or chicken pieces if feeding more people.
- Use your favorite hot sauce in place of the hot honey.
- Add a little Asian flare to my best chicken recipe by making a honey mixture with the hot honey and a little soy sauce.
- Kick it up another notch by adding red pepper flakes to the spice rub.
Looking for More Unique Chicken Recipes?
- Baking sheet
- Meat thermometer
3 Ingredient Hot Honey Chicken Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Meat thermometer
- 1 pound Chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Hot honey
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional)
- Season the chicken well with the hot seasoning mix. Let sit 30 minutes in a large bowl.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet. If using a non-stick baking sheet oil is not needed. If not, drizzle a small amount of oil on the pan to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Bake in 350-degree (medium heat to medium-high heat) oven until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Drizzle or brush hot honey onto the chicken. Broil for a couple of minutes. Do not walk away! The honey burns quickly.
- Let the chicken rest rest until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f. Slice and enjoy!
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.