If you've ever craved the mouthwatering goodness of T.G.I. Friday's Jack Daniels Burger without breaking the bank, you're in for a treat! In Homemade T.G.I Fridays Jack Daniels Burger Recipe, we're going to walk you through making your very own T.G.I. Fridays Jack Daniels Burger, featuring the flavorful Jack Daniels glaze. With simple ingredients and easy steps, you'll have a delicious burger that's perfect for two without the hefty restaurant bill. This burger has been discontinued by T.G.I Fridays in my area so you might want to bookmark this page in case you can't get it in your area either!
This burger was inspired by my TGI Friday's Jack Daniels Whiskey Sauce Recipe on this site. If you love the sauce and want to make a bigger batch, just click on the link. It is good on so many things!
For the Jack Daniels's sauce:
For the burgers:
For the full recipe with quantities, see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Let's discuss the key ingredients that make this burger a standout. For the Jack Daniels sauce, it's all about balance. The blend of pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and dark brown sugar creates a sweet and savory flavor combination with a hint of Jack Daniel's whiskey. The grated garlic and white onion add a subtle depth of flavor, while the crushed pineapple and cayenne pepper provide that extra zing. It's the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce that takes this burger to the next level.
As for the burger itself, we recommend starting with the best quality ground beef, ideally juicy ground sirloin. Seasoning with kosher salt and black pepper enhances the rich, caramelized flavors when grilled.
Feel free to experiment and make this recipe your own.
- If you're not a fan of whiskey, you can skip it in the sauce, and the Jack Daniels glaze will still be packed with flavor. You can certainly use any whiskey you have on hand, or substitute another spirit.
- For those seeking alternatives, consider using turkey or plant-based patties, maintaining the versatility that defines a great burger.
- While we're sticking to the classic Jack Daniels Burger recipe here, there are plenty of ways to customize your burger.
- Try adding caramelized onions for an extra layer of sweetness or crispy fried onions for a delightful crunch.
- Experiment with different cheese varieties to find your favorite combination. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to create the best burgers to suit your taste.
- Add sprouts and micro greens to a plant-based burger.
MARY'S TWO CENTS
Our mission here is to create budget-friendly meals for two, and this Homemade T.G.I. Fridays Jack Daniels Burger fits the bill perfectly. By making it at home, you're not only enjoying a delicious meal but also saving money compared to dining out. The ingredients are simple and affordable, making it a frugal recipe on our cost-per-serving ratings scale.
For the Jack Daniel's sauce:
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil on medium-high heat.
Step 2: Turn heat down to medium and cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
For the burgers:
Step 1: Form two patties slightly larger then the bun. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Toast the hamburger buns on the grill or in a separate pan until they are lightly browned.
Step 3: Grill the burger patties for about 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
Step 4: Baste the patties with Jack daniels sauce as they cook.
Step 5: Place a slice of cheddar cheese on each burger patty and cover until the cheese melts.
Step 6: Assemble your burgers by placing lettuce, tomato, and onion on the bottom half of each bun.
Step 7: Then place a burger patty with melted cheese on top.
Step 8: Top with the other half of the bun, and your T.G.I. Friday's Jack Daniels Burger is ready to serve!
- Small saucepan
- Grill pan
- Basting brush
If you don't want to fire up the grill, just use a stovetop grill pan to make this delicious burger. A great option when the conditions outside are not condusive to grilling.
You will love this great recipe too!
Easy Baked Hot Honey Ham and Cheese Sliders
Homemade T.G.I Fridays Jack Daniels Burger Recipe
- Grill or grill pan
- Small saucepot
Ingredients for Jack Daniels Sauce:
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
For The Burgers:
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
For the Jack Daniels Whiskey Sauce
- Combine all the Jack Daniels sauce ingredients: water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, garlic paste, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, lemon juice, grated white onion, Jack Daniels Whiskey, crushed pineapple, and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan.
- Over medium high heat bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low and cook the sauce until it thickens and reduces to half its original volume. This should take about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Refrigerate until needed. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
For the burgers:
- Form two patties slightly larger then the bun. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat. Toast the hamburger buns on the grill or in a separate pan until they are lightly browned. Set aside.
- Grill the burger patties for about 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Baste the patties with sauce as they cook.
- During the last minute of grilling, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each burger patty and cover until the cheese melts.
- Assemble your burgers by placing lettuce, tomato, and onion on the bottom half of each bun.
- Then place a burger patty with melted cheese on top.
- Drizzle more of the homemade Jack Daniels sauce over the burger patties.
- Top with the other half of the bun, and your T.G.I. Friday's Jack Daniels Burger with the homemade sauce is ready to serve! Add condiments like mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup as desired.
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.
We take every effort to ensure that the estimated meal cost per serving is accurate. We use a meal cost analysis application that estimates the cost of a recipe based on groceries purchased at a Walmart store in my geographical area, northern California.
Making your own T.G.I. Fridays Jack Daniels Burger at home is not only cost-effective but also incredibly rewarding. You have control over the ingredients, flavors, and portion sizes, creating the best burgers tailored to your preferences. With our straightforward recipe and top tips, you'll be savoring the deliciousness of this iconic burger without breaking the bank. So why wait? Fire up the grill pan and treat yourself to a homemade delight that's sure to become a new favorite for you and your dining partner. Enjoy the taste of T.G.I. Fridays with your very own Jack Daniels burger, made just the way you like it!
Looking for more burger recipes? Try these favorites: