Turkey Breast Cutlets in the Air Fryer is one of my favorite air fryer turkey recipes. Add any of your favorite sides to create a Thanksgiving dinner vibe any day of the year.
MARY'S TWO CENTS
I make this recipe around the holidays or in the case of last year, on Thanksgiving. It is a frugal recipe that works perfectly for two. You can buy packaged turkey cutlets or buy a whole turkey breast and cut your own. Freeze the extras and enjoy Thanksgiving on a busy weeknight.
THIS TURKEY CUTLET RECIPE IS:
- it's an easy recipe for a simple meal
- really delicious
- low in fat and calories
- super satisfying
- adaptable (pick and choose your favorite spices)
- easy to pair with almost any side dish
- kid friendly
- it's the best way to air fry turkey breast meat
- perfect for a smaller Thanksgiving
For the full recipe with quantities, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Turkey breast cutlets
- If you can't find turkey cutlets, use a small turkey tenderloin and slice it horizontally.
- Poultry seasoning
- I used a coarse poultry seasoning with chunks of dried herbs. If you use regular ground poultry seasoning, decrease the amount to ½ teaspoon.
- Sweet paprika
- You could also use smoked paprika or hot paprika depending on what you like and have on hand.
- Salt and pepper
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Air Fryer:
Season the cutlets and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Use olive oil spray or cooking spray first to prevent the cutlets from sticking.
Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees f. Cook time varies depending on the size of your air fryer and the wattage.
TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS VARIATIONS:
- Swap the turkey cutlets and make air fryer chicken cutlets using a boneless breast of chicken, thinly sliced. If you don't have boneless use regular chicken breasts and cut the meat off the bone yourself.
- Use a skin-on boneless turkey breast and slice it vertically instead of horizontally to get that crispy skin we all love.
- Go Italian by sprinkling on Italian seasoning and garlic powder instead of poultry seasoning. Serve over pasta with marinara sauce, toasted bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Yum.
LOOKING FOR MORE POULTRY RECIPES?
- Air Fryer - I used the 4 quart mini PowerXL model.
- Meat thermometer or instant-read thermometer
- Olive oil spray or cooking spray
Leftover turkey should be eaten within 3-4 days at the most. Wrap in plastic, then place in an airtight container for best results. Always refrigerate. I do not recommend freezing because the cutlets are thin and tend to dry out.
- Turkey has very little fat and it can dry out quickly. I like to spritz the meat with olive oil spray before adding the seasonings. It will add moisture and a sheen to the cooked turkey, in addition to aiding in browning.
- I served the turkey breast cutlets with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes, Traditional Bread Stuffing, and homemade Cranberry Sauce.
- Serve turkey cutlets with any of your favorite sides for a meal the whole family will love.
Turkey Breast Cutlets in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Meat thermometer or instant read thermometer
- Olive oil spray and/or cooking spray
- 2 Turkey cutlets
- 1 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1 spritz Olive oil spray or regular cooking spray
- Pat the turkey cutlets dry with a paper towel. Lightly spritz with olive oil spray or cooking spray. If you don't have the spray just brush a little olive oil on the meat and on the surface of the air fryer basket.
- Season the cutlets with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper. If you are using a finely ground poultry seasoning use ½ teaspoon instead of 1 teaspoon. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place the seasoned cutlets in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Use olive oil spray or cooking spray first to prevent the cutlets from sticking.
- Set your air fryer to 325 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from the fryer and serve while still piping hot.
Approximate nutrition information is provided as a convenience and courtesy only. You are encouraged to do your own calculations if precise data is required.
We take every effort to ensure that the estimated meal cost per serving is accurate. We use a meal cost analysis application that estimates the cost of a recipe based on groceries purchased at a Walmart store in my geographical area, northern California.